The Great Pumpkin Overload Post Part 1: Pumpkin Pie Spice

Here's how this all started. I spent a little time in October trying to find pumpkin pie spice for my coffee. And then once I found it,  I realized that it was about $4 for a little 1.12 oz container. So I was all set to give up, when on a whim I search Pinterest for pumpkin pie spice and came up with a full page of recipes.

And my favorite is this beautiful diagram from Buzzfeed Life:


(And Buzzfeed life has a whole list of charts to get you through Thanksgiving here: Buzzfeed Life Thanksgiving Charts)

So I decided to give it a try!

Results

Really there is nothing to the recipe. The hardest part is getting all the different spices. Luckily I have a lot of cinnamon (and apparently when I run out my mom has plenty to give me!). For the rest, I thought I could take a little from work. (Yeah for working in a restaurant!). However we only have all spice and ground nutmeg. We're supposed to have cloves, but for some reason or another no cloves came in over the two weeks while I was waiting for them.

So out of the 5 spices needed, I ended up only needing to buy ground ginger and ground cloves. (And actually I bought whole cloves because they were cheaper and then used my blender to ground them up)

So once I (finally!) gathered all my spices, I doubled the quantity and then mixed them all together.


(And since I had used all the cinnamon in the container, I just reused it to store my pumpkin pie spice)

And yes, it is perfect in my bullet coffee!

Comments