The Best Way To Clean Dirty Cookie Sheets

I'm so excited to finally be writing about this because since June (what is that like 5 months now?), I've been trying different ways to clean my cookie sheets. And well I've come to two different conclusions. Either my cookie sheets are too far gone and I should just buy new ones or all these magic cleaners, don't really work.

And the more I tried different mixtures, the more I started to believe that both were true.

The Project

Deep Clean Cookie Sheets!

Best Cleaning Solution From Clean & Scentsible


Results


All right so here's how bad my cookie sheets was


And after trying vinegar and baking soda (and even heating the vinegar first), oven cleaner (Don't do it. I'm pretty sure this is why cookies sheets rust easily now) and steel wool scrubs, this was as clean as I could get it.


As you can see I was able to clean most of the middle, but corners remained black or mostly black. And by this point I was worn out and didn't have the energy to scrub anymore.

So I decided to give cream of tartar mixture a try.


I liked that you can see it working and the black started to run. And I tried scrapping it off with a credit card, but I found that using a scouring pad works best.

And well I forgot to take a picture when I was finished because while it worked, it didn't fully clean my pan.

And then I just got frustrated with the whole process. (I just wanted something to be quick and easy! And the only easy thing is letting them get so bad in the first place!) So I stupidly left my cookie sheets alone (and let Mike start destroying them all over again!) And some where with all that cleaning they now rust very easily. So I have to give up for now and just buy new cookie sheets.

So while I'd like to have a solution for your cookie sheet problems, I don't. So I think the cream of tartar and baking soda mixture works the best. 

Comments