L is for Lion

So after taking a little break, I found a little bit of creativity to help finish off the rest of the book. And naturally it all happened after a trip to the craft store.

I went intending only to get glitter, but in the same row as the glitter there were also craft pom poms. I knew I needed white ones for a future project, but decided to pick up a multicolored package because I knew it would be perfect for the activity book.

The more I looked at the package, the more I knew that they would be perfect to create a texture page. And I created a Reef page for Blue, so I knew that to be fair I needed to add a Lion page for Lion.

So that's exactly what I did!

The Page

L is for Lion


Here's What You Need:


Here's How You Do It:


Step 1: Create and Sew Down the Lion


To create my lion, I searched Lion Coloring Pages on Pinterest to find the perfect lion. In the end I decided this was the best lion

Picture from Activity Village

And all I did was cut it out and trace it onto some yellow felt. Cut the lion out of the yellow felt and then I sewed it down onto my background felt.


I also used a felt marker to add lines to my pattern, so that it actually looked like a lion. I then cut around the ears, so that after I put the mane on I could sew them down on top.

Step 2: Creating The Face and Mane 

All right before I started sewing down the poms, I added a little light brown felt to create an inner ear for my lion.

Okay to create the mane, I picked out orange, brown and black poms. And I started with the big ones and worked my way around the to fill in the lion's mane.


Once I had the mane covered, I sewed down around the outline to the Lion's face (skipping the part around the ears). 

And once I was done Lion decided it was time to check out the new page.


I then stuffed the face full of cotton balls. This way the face wouldn't get swallowed by the mane. Once I got as many as I could in there, I sewed down the ear flaps on top of the poms.




I then added on a white felt for the muzzle and light brown felt for the nose. And finished off my lion with a couple of buttons for the eyes.

Step 3: Finishing Touches

And as always I finished up my page by cutting out and sewing down a letter 'L' and then back stitched on 'is for Lion'.

And here's how it turned out:



Comments