Sunday Sneak Peak

I'm not going to lie. This week has been an emotional roller coaster. From paying my salutes to Susan B. Anthony and the rest of the suffragettes to finding out that 60 million cracks in the glass ceiling weren't enough, was a little hard to handle. (Well that I decided to listen to episode 20 of sword and scale on election day.) And no I'm not here to write more liberal "whining". (And I think a lot of the protest would be stopped if President elect Trump would come out and denounce all the acts of hate that are being done in his name. And if his supporters that voted for him despite all the hateful things he said would just admit that this is going on instead of just complaining about the liberals and their "whining".)

So instead I thought I would give a brief sneak peak of things I have I did. (Because I find when things happen out of my control, I tend to stop trying to think about and get to work on things I can. Avoidance. Not the most mature way to deal with, but I found it was good for the blog.

So here's what I've channeled my energy into over the past week.

First step was setting up a bigger compost pile


In which Blue was more than happy to help me.

I of course worked hard on my glitter dipped mug.


And of course Blue was there to help me.
(Such a good little helper... sometimes... most of the time he just gets in my way. But I take it as a learning moment for both of us to be more patient)

Lion also had his fair share of helping me too!


I took him to Joann Fabrics after his checkup. So I could pick up some glitter... and then we also ended up in the fabric section! He had a lot of fun looking and touching the fabric.

And finally I put in a lot of work making a a crochet hat 


Which naturally as I was figuring out if it would be big enough for my head, Blue wanted to test it out for me.

So while it may not be the healthiest way to deal with the pain, at least I got something out of it.

(And yes if you need to know I did cry. I'm not ashamed of it. Its that bitter realization that woman were finally breaking the glass ceiling. I mean if we had a women president, then we truly could tell girls they can be anything they want. Right now there is still a silent asterisk, that unfortunately lingers. But we'll get thee, I know we will. And once we get there I don't think you'll want it to stop!)





Comments