Turning A Jelly Jar Into Lotion Dispenser

Every since October I've been obsessed with reusing food containers. And currently I've been trying to repurpose jars mainly for my bathroom vanity


The Project

Turn A Jelly Jar Into A Lotion Dispenser

I tried to figure it out on my own, but here's the list of Mason Jar Soap Dispensers instructions from Pinterest.

Results


So for my lotion container I decided to reuse a Polaner jelly jar and a nearly empty Vaseline lotion bottle. (I liked that the pump didn't have a screw top... which I now know wouldn't have really mattered).

First step is still the same. Create a hole in the center (or nearly center of your lid)


I actually had Mike help me with this part. He has a bit for hit drill that's made for metal that he used. (Afterwards he let me know that it really wasn't meant for aluminium). But you easily use a screwdriver and then wire cutters to make the circle. 

Just make sure you pound down the edges using a hammer or the back side of your screwdriver. 

Here's where my problems began.

I was able to get the pump in just fine.


And I thought it would just work like a normal lotion bottle after that once I put the lid on.


It looks like it should work right?

However the problem is that if you try to use the pump, the pump pushes out of the hole. 

So in short I need to figure out how to secure the pump to the lid. I have a could of ideas on how to fix it. But for now I leave it as a fail...

(But I'll update once I have the solution!)




Comments