Bullet Coffee

Here we are part two of my different ways to use coconut oil series. (I'm not sure how many we'll end up with because there are so many great ways to incorporate coconut oil into your life).

When I originally started thinking about trying different ways to use coconut oil, I wasn't quite sure I would make it out of the bathroom in September.  There are just so many uses that I want to try out, that I had to pick my favorites. So I decided to go back to an idea my mom shared with me months ago. That if you add coconut oil to your coffee its supposed to even out the caffeine buzz.


And well I'm not sure how it happened, some time after I had Lion and went back to work, I started having really bad crashed from my morning coffee. (I think it happened because Lion never adjusted to the time change and was up by 6am throughout the winter. And sometimes after working late nights I had to get up with him. So I depended a little too heavily on the caffeine and it just wrecked my body). So I decided to research putting coconut oil in my coffee. What I found was really intriguing.


Adding coconut oil to your coffee isn't the best way to ease the caffeine crash. The best way is to incorporate coconut oil into your coffee is to blend it with grass fed butter (or ghee if you like). I haven't looked into why its best to do it this way, but I believe it has something to do with the fat in the butter allows the body to absorb the coconut oil and caffeine better. But that's just my theory.

Anyway I was intrigued and I knew that I had to try bullet coffee.


Project


Try Bullet Coffee


recipe from this picture:
(I haven't found whomever made this, but love how it breaks it all down)

Results


So making bullet coffee takes minimal effort. Which is great considering I have to toddlers that need constant supervision. Just wait for your coffee to brew. (RIght now I enjoy the price of Folgers; I'm sure that's not the "right coffee" to use, but I just can't be bothered to buy more expensive coffee right now) 

And then pour it into your blender with your butter and coconut oil. For my butter I was able to find Kerrygold butter, which should be available at your local grocery store. And then whatever you want to flavor your coffee. I like cinnamon and vanilla myself.


\As you can see it froths up once you blend it.

Now just sit back and enjoy it...



As for the taste of bullet coffee. I find that you can put as much flavor into as you want, but it still tastes like hot buttered coffee. I suppose eventually I'll get used to it, but for now, I just try to gulp it down as fast as I can. I think this is why its called bullet coffee.

Overall though it definitely holds back the caffeine crash for a while. I haven't gotten to the point of putting 2 Tbsp of butter yet. I think once I do that it'll work the way that it should.


And I guess I should mention that bullet coffee is supposed to help you lose weight. I didn't track this because I don't think that's the reason you should try it. And also because when I started drinking this, I gave up soda and I stopped eating as much sugar and I picked up running again. So the little weight I lost was more likely because of that, than the bullet coffee.

Comments