Taco Spice Blend

I really enjoyed how in the past two months, how I've explored different spice mixes. The only problem is that they were both seasonal and both were used to add a little flavor to my coffee. And whenever I try to find a new mix for the rest of the year, I come up empty. (Hence why January is almost over and I'm still using gingerbread spice mix in my coffee)

So since I'm (apparently) out of coffee spice mixes to try, I thought I would try out another type of spice blend that's near and dear to my heart. Oh yeah, I'm talking out a home made (and most definitely Americanized) taco spice mix!

The Project

Make Taco Seasoning

Blend from The Recipe Critic


Results

You know why I love making my own spice mixes? Because I already have most of the spices on hand. (Especially after all these taco slow cooker meals I've been making lately) So its only a matter of mixing them together.


As you can see the recipe doesn't make very much (But in all fairness this was also after a couple of uses). And it actually taste like a store bought taco spice mix!

My favorite part is that you can control the spiciness of the spice mix. If you liked it a little spicier (like I do!) then you just need to add a little more chili powder. Its as easy as that.

Comments