Crochet Cat Hat! (Meow!)

Winter is coming... and getting a little closer everyday. (Yes even done here in Florida, things are starting to cool down). So for my monthly crochet project, I decided to make a hat. (or at least try to)

The Project

Make a Cat Hat

Instructions from Persia Lou

Results

So I knew early on that I was going to need more yarn than I started with. But I figured since it was making a cat hat, that it would be all right. I mean cat's are all sorts of colors, right?

So I started making my hat with black yarn and mixed in a black to white ombre yarn to create some spots. And so when I switched over to the cream yarn, it would blend a little more evenly together.

Here's how it looked once I finished it and stitched the sides together.


As you can see, half of the the front is blackish and the rest is cream colored.


And because I was wearing it, Blue had to try it on as well.

I crocheted the brim.


But I really wasn't feeling it. I think was partly because I had to use a fourth yarn that didn't really go with the rest of the hat and also because I didn't like the the length it added to the end of my hat.

So I quickly ripped it out and then stitched together one ear.


And that's where I stopped. Mostly because I ran out of yarn, but also because I'm not sure that I'm in love with my final product. 

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and sew that other ear and then make my decision.

(and if I like it, then I guess I need to add a trim to the bottom!)


Comments