TBT: Salmon Salad in Avocado Boats

I think I end just about every post that it needs something to approve it and I say that I'll get back to eventually. And well I most of the time I just type that as a way to end things. And yes I do intend to get back to my project, but life gets busy and I just move on and forget about getting back to old projects. So while I was going over projects list for November, I decided to add on a spot for projects I need to get back to. A Throwback Thursday spot if you will.

So to kick things off I thought I would start with a update on my Salmon Salad in Avocado Boats post.

The Recipe

Smoked Salmon Salad in Avocado Boats

Recipe from Willow Bird Baking

Results

So for my second go at making salmon salad, I wanted to keep it simple. So once again I used canned Salmon (and probably my last time trying it, too! It just reminds me too much of canned Tuna. So I either need to switch to a different brand or switch over to smoked salmon). And I mixed it with a little Dijon mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. And then I added a little chopped radicchio, to give it that crunch that it was missing.



Its not the best picture, but that's how it turned out! I like that the radicchio add some color as well as some crunch. And since I ad no problems with the avocado boats the first time around, I just repeated the process; cut in half, take the pit out and spoon off the skin.

And then I put them together.


This time around I wasn't able to fit all my salmon salad into the boats. I'm not sure if the radicchio just added more volume to the salad or if the avocado was smaller this time. But what I do know is that it tasted wonderful. And the radicchio definitely added a new texture to the mix. It wasn't quite the crunch I was looking for, but it still made me feel healthy. So I guess I'll take that as a win. And perhaps I'll give this another go with smoked salmon and another crunchy item in the salad.



Comments