Quick Tip: Store Markers Upside Down

The Hack


Store Your Markers Upside Down

(You'll get more from them!)

Read All About It From you don't have to read v2.0


Results

This is actually one of my favorite hacks ever. (I've actually been doing it for as long as I can remember) And I actually find this works with all types of markers (permanent, dry erase, kids markers; etc.

And as proof that it actually works, I present to you my calendar


I like to have a rolling month calender (so once the week is finished I erase and put the next month's week there). So to see the fully effect, start at Nov. 13th. As you can see the orange is very light. Those were my dry erase markers straight from the package. It works fine, but as we move down the calendar to the bottom, every week the orange gets darker. (And the blue as well).

And if you want to know why, I'll tell you.

The secret is that you are letting gravity work. Gravity pulls the ink down towards the tip instead of away from the tip. And this also keep the tip from drying out, so you can also use your markers longer! 

That's a win-win in my book.

(All links are affiliated. So if you like please use the links above to help support the blog!)

Comments