Reorganizing My Baking/ Coffee Cabinet

When I was looking over the November Project list, I realized that for most days of the week I have bi weekly projects and monthly projects that fall on them. But for some reason on Wednesdays I just have decorating and organizing projects. Which is fine, but I generally only make small projects to add to a room. Or just redecorate a project I've already started. And there's nothing wrong with that. Its all stuff that helps make our house into a real home. 

But part of this blog is about transforming my life. And there is no bigger part of my life that needs a change more than where and how I store my stuff around the house. That's write I'm talking all about real organization and finding the perfect place to store all this clutter we have.

So to start I thought I would begin with my baking/ coffee/ crafts cabinet. Here's how it looked at the beginning of the month,


As you can see everything is just kind of thrown up there without any real rhyme or reason. Some of my craft supplies are just thrown on top and some of baking supplies are jammed along the bottom.

So obviously my first task was to find a new home for my craft supplies. They got moved on to a bookshelf next to my desk. (I'll hopefully be talking about reorganizing that in December). That freed up some room on the top. So I was able to move all the big baking supplies up there. (The sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder; etc).

I was also able to find space to start moving some of my baking pans and cookie cutters over. (I haven't moved them all in yet or decided if I like having them there at all really).

 And then I just simply rearranged my spices putting the taller ones in the back and the smaller ones in the front. 

So after all those changes here's how the cabinet looks now


I still have a little more reorganizing to do. (And some more clearing out to do. I'm not sure why that scrubber is in there!) But for now I'm happy and I really like the flow it has.

(and no I don't know why that shelf sags so much. The baking supplies are not that heavy.)

Comments