Salmon Salad in Avocado Boats

All right here we are again with my next cooking adventure. I've been keeping it pretty easy so far. And this time is no different. (I'm sure I'll eventually work on a hard recipe, but for now I just like making simple food)

So after I made the waffles, I was looking around on Pinterest for my next recipe and I stumbled upon a recipe for salmon burgers and I was so excited to try it. But the night I was going to make it, Mike (after a long day at work) just wanted pizza. So I scratched it and decided to try it another day. (and no it still hasn't happened yet).

So I went back to the drawing board and discovered a different salmon recipe to try and decided to do that instead. Its a little bit easier and something I could easily handle while Lion is napping.

So here we go with my next cooking experiment!

The 

Smoked Salmon Salad in Avocado boats

full recipe from Willow Bird Baking

Results

All right, all right, I didn't exactly stay true to the recipe at all. I went with canned pink salmon instead of smoked salmon. And I made my own hybrid Salmon Salad. (I took a little bit from Willow Bird Baking and mixed it with parts from Colourful Palate). So basically my salmon salad recipe was a little bit of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. 


It definitely needs some fine tuning (ala some crunch element. I'm going to try celery seed next time), but overall I think its a good start.

As for the avocado boats... I'm trying to love avocados, I really am, but I just have the worst time trying to get the stone out. It always looks so easy whenever I see anybody else do it, but no matter how far I get the knife in there, the stone never moves and I also get nervous I'm going to cut my fingers. (And this is why I don't try hard recipes!)

Anyway once I finally got the stone out, I was a little nervous that skinning the avocados would be just as hard, but the skin came off easily enough. (I had on tough spot, but I just came at it from another angle and it came off after a little struggle. 


The best part is that you just  put as much salmon salad as you want in the avocado boat and you get a beautiful looking lunch.



(And I wasn't quite sure how to eat the boats without sliding them all over my plate, so I cut them up and mixed everything together.


And I know I say this every time, but it definitely gets my creative juices flowing for what else I can mix together!
  

Comments