Product I Love: Kindle Paperwhite

I know I know, I started September with a product I love.and here I am ending it with one. But in my defense, the end of September just happens to be Banned Book week. And I just thought it would be the perfect time to talk about how much I love my Kindle Paperwhite. (I mean I obviously love it, a couple weeks ago I talked all about the new case I made for it)

The Product:

Kindle Paperwhite 

I got my paperwhite about three and a half years ago, and I wouldn't say I prefer it actual books (there is nothing like the feel and smell of an actual book), but I definitely love the convenience it gives me. I happen to do most of my reading before I go to bed at night and with an actual book it would be too much hassle. Either I would have to turn on my side table lamp (which was so bright I might have turned on the overhead light) or I would have to struggle with trying to keep a book light on the book while I flip and turn as I read. (Annoying to say the least). And all of that would be no problem if I was still single, but I share a room with Mike and I have to take him into consideration. (Because most of the time he's in bed long before I am). So I love that with my kindle has a back light that I can turn on super bright or turn it down to almost no back light at all. So that makes it a win win for the both of us!

My favorite part of having the Kindle is that I can check out library ebooks on to it. I live on some weird overhang of the county so that closest library is a quite a drive away, so that fact that I can just get online and look through their library page makes my life so much easier. I mean not every book is available in the ebook format. And sometimes they have limited copies of books, so you have to wait for other people to finish reading it before you can check it out. But that's how a library works. 

And if you're library doesn't have an ebook page (or you just don't want to deal with the library), with a prime membership you get access to the prime lending library, which has a decent amount of books to read. (I don't spend a lot of time in there, but I believe its mostly self published books). Or you can sign up for Kindle Unlimited (I believe its 9.99 a month) and read all the books.

(All links are associated. Nobody paid me to write this.)


Comments