Adding a little pop of color to my desk!

Over the course of my amateur decorating career, I've learned that sometimes the littlest things you can do make the biggest difference. So while I was looking for a new idea to decorate the house, I decided to look no further than my desk.

I got my desk when my great aunt died and I'm not sure when she got it or how long she had it for, but they definitely don't make desks like this anymore. So I'm always a little hesitant to do anything to it. But I definitely knew it needed a little pop of color.

So I decided the best way to add a pop of color to my desk was to put in some shelf (drawer!) liners.

The Project:


Try Out Shelf Liners


Results


You can obviously buy shelf liners (here's the list sold on amazon alone) and then all you have to do is stick it in your drawer and cut off the access. That is probably the easiest and most cost effective way to decorate with shelf liners.

I, however, found K&Company paper rolls on super clearance at Target that fit my color scheme for my desk. (And I loved the idea of all my drawers not all being the same) So I decided that with a little patience and some spray adhesive that I could make my own.


The only problem is that my desk drawers are so long, the I needed more than one pack. And even then, I had to mix and match a few of the drawers.


But overall I think that it added a flair to my desk and I couldn't be happier with the results.


(And Lion was excited to be able to steal stuff from the drawers... mainly the activity book pages I have locked up for now!)


Comments