F is for Face

Happy Friday!
I don't want to talk about the letter K anymore. Every week I talk about how I changed letters because I just don't know where its going. but now I kind of know what I need to do, but I just don't have time right now to focus on it. 

So instead I settled for a different letter. And I drew inspiration from this page:

(It was available for purchase from PageByPage2. I'm not sure when it will be again)

I've had this idea for a while now, but for some reason I've just kept putting it off. And then I played around with how I wanted to put this all together. I thought I might sew the pieces down and have the flip different ways, to show the words of what the different body parts are.  But I thought that might be a little cluttered. (And I have enough cluttered pages in my book as it is.

So in the end I decided that maybe simplicity is best and for this week's activity book page, I decided to go with:

F is for Face


Here's What You Need

Here's How You Do It

Step 1 Creating the Base

The first thing I did when i was tackling this page was to create a face. I simply cut out a peach oval out of felt. (Obviously you can chose whatever skin tone that you want). And then I cut out a couple pieces of hair and sewed that down.


You could add ears to your face base if you would like. Also you could leave the hair off and use that as different mix and match pieces.


Step 2 Making the Parts

This was my favorite part of this page. All you have to do is create as many different eyes, ears, mouths, and noses as you like. (And different hair types if you didn't sew your hair down in the first step.)


I went with just one of each for now. I'm probably going to add more later along with a hat and bows.


Step 3 Finishing Touches

As with all of my pages I like to finish up by including the letter for the page and the theme. And since I needed a pocket to store all the face pieces in, I decided to make the pocket big enough to fit along the bottom of the page. On the pocket I sewed down a felt letter F and then back stitched on 'is for Face.

Here's How My Page Turned Out:



(And now I can't believe how many pages I've ompleted! This book is starting to really come together!)

(As always the links as associate. Nobody paid me to put them there, that just happens in my dreams)

Comments