A simple solution to Desk cord problems.

I'm celebrating throw back thursday again here on the blog. This time I'm taking it all the way back to March, when I decided to try out one of my favorite organization hacks: using a wire basket to store a surger protector under my desk and help organize the cord clutter.

And I now that its been over six months later, I just wanted to give an update on how things are going. (Because a hack is only useful once its been thoroughly tested and if it works in the long run)


The Project

Easy Way To Organize Office Wires


Results

So I tried out this wire organization hack about six months ago, I was so excited to try it. I even wrote a post about it. And how great it was to baby proof an otherwise unbabyproofable spot.



I even included a cute little picture of Blue not being able to get into the cords. (And instead was just able to play with the main plug). I was really hopefully that this was going to be a great home improvement idea.

It was anything but.

After a couple of frustrating moments (all right a whole lot of frustrating moments!), I decided that maybe it was best to just ditch the basket. After all there are holes for screws on the bottom of the surge protector. (I highly recommend that one with USB charging ports, but you can also find a basic one here).

I have to say that after I made Mike switch it (I'm not handy with a drill), that it has made using the cords so much easier. I can now get to the surge protector to easily put in or remove cords as I need them.


And apart from the install, the boys have left the underpart of my desk alone. So really there was no need to baby proof the cords that much.


I couldn't be happier. And yes you can see the surge protector if you look under my desk, but really, you wouldn't even notice it unless you looked.

As always all links are associated.

Comments