Hurricane Matthew Free Write and Sneak Peak

Well, I wasn't really planning on posting anything today, but after being stuck inside for about a day and a half waiting for Hurricane Matthew to get to us and pass by us, I decided it might be nice to have a free write about what its like being on the outer edge of a hurricane. So before I begin I want to say that I was very fortunate that this storm didn't decide to go across Florida, but other countries were not that lucky. So if you want to donate to a relief fund, but you don't know where to start Bustle has a list of six organizations for you to chose from. (Although the best way to donate is to put your money into their economy or pay their workers to rebuild their homes instead of sending missionaries over to do it for them.)

All right I'll get off my high horse... for now... and I just want to state one more thing. I grew up in Florida. So reading hurricane tracking maps are like second nature to me. I feel like the National Hurricame Center tracking maps the best, because they plot the eye of the storm and show where the edges of the hurricane will fall. So while the rest of my Facebook was freaking out about the hurricane, I was watching the map and I knew roughly where my house was and I knew that I was likely to get more feeder bands than anything else. So I didn't get why people were freaking out. (Again I grew up in Florida and central Florida at that, so if this hurricane had decided to swing across Florida, I liked my chances that it would weaken enough by the time it go to me, that I wouldn't even really need to worry)

All right, so sine I work on Disney property and Disney closed down for a day and a half, it meant that I had a day and a half off. So I took it as time to work on a few projects I've been dragging my feet on. (And spend some extra time with all of my boys). So first up was push up my Friday morning run to Thursday afternoon (while the feeder bands had hit us it wasn't that windy or raining too bad.)


It actually was really fun. And now I can say I ran in a hurricane and cross that off my bucket list. And after I came back, Lion decided he need to take a walk through the hurricane.


That didn't happen. 1 have an advenerous spirit and all, but I would never put my boys in danger.

(And  it took so long to get the call that I had the night off, that I really didn't have project plans for Thursday night. (Only to finish my activity book page). So Thursday night was about bringing my little garden in and putting it on top of my refrigerator


Right now its just two avocado pits and some red bell pepper sprouts. And they normally live on my patio ledge, but Mike thought it would be a little too windy to let them ride out the hurricane out there. So I out them where neither Blue nor Lion could get at them. (Especially Lion he's into everything these days!)

And then Mike screwed some plywood onto our car port to protect our cars from flying debris. Finally we ended to the night with some popcorn and the minions movie.


The next day I got right into projects. I started out with some crochet action with my coffee


Lion was there to oversee everything (I told you he was into everything). And since I have project ADD, I worked on that for a little bit and started experiments with home made goo gone.


It definitely had a weird texture to it. Exerpiments are still pending with this one.

So I turned my attention back to crocheting... and used up all my yarn... before the project was finished.


So I found the rest of my black, white and gray yarn and added it to the end, but even that wasn't enough. So I guess I'll be taking a trip to get yarn sometime soon!

And since our rations were getting slim, and hurricane Matthew had taken a turn away from Florida, I found the urge to escape my house! Cabin fever maybe? I don't know but I knew I had get out before I went crazy. So thankfully my target was open. (which reminds me I need to write them a very nice thank you letter)


And really I just like wearing my rain boots. So I'll use an excuse I can to wear them. 

And I was still feeling a little cabin feverery, so I decided to go for another run through the hurricane. (It turns out that cabin fever was the start of cold taking over, so it was not the most successful run I've had. But it felt good to get out in the fresh air!)

And that leads us to today! The cold has fully set in, but I have to press through and take care of my boys this morning. (And still save my strength to get through work tonight!)








Comments