P is for Puzzle

All right I know, I'm a day late (and a dollar short!), but we're still having trouble with the wifi and I attempted to write this after work last night, but I just couldn't settle in properly and come up with how to write this. So I put it off until now.
Anyway I'm really proud of this page. I've been wanting to do this for a while now and I'm so excited that I finally got around to making it.
So without further ado here it is

The Page

P is for Puzzle

 

Here's What You Need

(All links are affiliated. So if like something please click the link to buy it and help support the blog at the same time!)

Here's How You Do It 

Step 1: Setting Up The Puzzle

I knew from the start that I wanted my puzzle to be two layers of felt. A neutral bottom layer and a colorful top layer. (And leave the top abstract so it wouldn't really matter if the pieces went back together right or not)

So I started making my puzzle by taking a 7.5 x 7.5 inch piece of brown felt and making 1.5x1.5 inch grid across it. (This made a 5x5 square grid which seemed like a good size puzzle piece for my puzzle. You could easily make them bigger or smaller). 



I then drew half circles along the edges of the squares to create a puzzle piece shape. And then I cut them out.

Step 2: Creating The Puzzle

I then traced my puzzle pieces on two different colored felt scraps. (I used red orange yellow green and blue.) and then cut out the pieces and sewed the two pieces together.



To finish up my pieces I trimmed off the excess colored felt from my pieces.

Step 3: Finishing Touches

As always I finished up my page by cutting out a letter P and sewing it on to the page. And since I needed a place to store my puzzle pieces, I made a small pocket to go along the bottom of page. And on it I back stitched on 'is for Puzzle'
This time before I could pack it up, Blue started playing with it.



And here's a closer look at it



Comments