Learning to make Crochet Hearts

I teased earlier this month about what I was making. But I never actually got around to buying more yarn to finish it. (And then there's the deciding what color finish it with and making sure I buy the same kind of yarn. Just a whole lot of trouble I tell you!)
So instead I thought I would move on to a smaller project. I found instructions to make crocheted hearts and I've been dying to try them for a while now. So I thought there's no time like the present to try it out.

The Project

Learn To Make Crochet Hearts

instructions from Sewrella

Craftaholics Anonymous

and this lovely instructional picture:


(That I still have to track down the creator of)


Results

Apparently when you search for crochet heart patterns on pinterest, there are many different versions to try. And I didn't mean to try them all out, but I did end up trying a couple of them just to see which one I liked the best.



And over all I really liked the Sewrella's 3 size heart pattern the best.



And you know its funny I started this just as a little project just to try (and make some hearts that I'll hopefully be able to use later!) and some how I ended up learning how to crochet better. Some how I thought I was crocheting right, but then having to learn how to do triple crochets and half double crochets, I learned that what I thought were single crochets were really half double crochets and my double crochets I guess were really half triple crochets? Or something weird that were definitely not double crochets.

Anyway here's my finished heart after making all three rounds:



And as you can see, I've definitely got the proper technique down. I just need to work on keeping my stitches more consistent.

So overall I'm thankful I made some hearts and I'm even more thankful that I'm finally learning how to really crochet.

Comments