Dimes from Heaven

I'm not sure the first time I heard about angels leaving coins for humans. Actual that's a lie. I do remember. It happened while I was watching TV. (I normally watch trashy shows, just so i don't have to think while I'm watching. So don't judge me on what I watch

I was watching Hollywood Medium and Tori Spelling was on. She was talking about how her younger daughter kept finding coins around her house. Apparently this was a sign from above that somebody was looking out for her. And then I heard it again last year while watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians (again please don't judge what I watch. Its fantastic to just put on and get work done around the house to!) and in this particular episode they were in Armenia visiting what would have been their family house and Khloe found a coin with a bird on it. Apparently before their father died they had asked him to come back as a bird, so they knew he was watching out for them.

And I never really bought into either of those ideas, until this past May, a guy I worked with was showing this picture that probably has a ghost in it. And he mentioned that after he took that picture he kept finding dimes wherever he went. I told him that it was probably somebody looking out for him and that ghosts can leave coins. 

Since that point I've actually been finding a lot of dimes around (and a few quarters too). And for a while I was putting them into Blue's shark bank, but recently I decided that maybe they needed somewhere more special to go. And then I remembered I had an old shadow box frame and that would be the perfect place.

The Project

Make A Dimes From Heaven Storage Frame

You can buy one from JS Delightful Designs

(There are also jars you can buy from Etsy too!)


Results

So I started off my storage frame with an 8x8 Shadow Box Frame. (You could go larger or smaller if you wanted)


At one time I had quite the project planned for it, that like most of my old projects, never got finished properly. (Or at least that's what it looks like now). So I ripped off the white paper from the back and tried to modpodge on chevron card stock. It worked fairly well, but I found I had to put it between two books to keep the edges from curling up.


And then on top I put on a 'I Am Loved' picture. I guess you could put a picture with pennies (dimes!) from heaven instead, but I just liked the idea that finding dimes or quarters was a sign from the afterlife, that I am loved. And when times get tough, I just need that little reminder that I am loved.

I then measure out a small rectangle on top. I think it might be a 1/2 inch to 1 inch long and about a 1/4 inch thick.


And since I still don't know how to use power tools, Mike drilled out the hole for me.



  (And then he had to clamp the interior square to the out one to line up the holes properly.)


And voila! I know have a fun space to store all my coins from heaven.


I just need to figure out where to put it...



Comments