Slow Cooker Burrito Bowl

Fall has finally arrived in Florida. Okay that might be the overstatement of the day, but the weather has cooled down (though probably only for this weekend). And really I'll use any excuse to pull out my crock pot again.

Actually I've been searching Pinterest for a while now for a good and interesting crock pot recipe, but most of them are for chillis, pot roasts or recipes that for some reason call for cream cheese. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I've tried some of those in the past and I just wanted something different. 

The Recipe

Chicken Burrito Bowl

Recipe from Number 2 Pencil


Results

Okay I'll admit it. I was dying to try this recipe after I found it. But I decided it might be best if I saved it for a Sunday late lunch/ early dinner (instead of doing pizza like I've been doing lately).

So I started cooking this while I was waiting for my coffee to cool. That way it would be ready just in time for when Blue is "super hungry"




And perhaps my favorite part of using my crock pot is that I can just set it and then go about the rest of my schedule.

And I really love how simple this recipe is. Just cook the chicken and then cook the rice and put them together. 



(I left off the cheese layer in case Mike wanted to eat leftovers when he gets home. He's not a fan of it unless its on pizza. And even then he just tolerates it)


And of course, Lion was all too ready to try it out for me. He really enjoyed it. 

(As for Mike he wondered how I seasoned the rice to get a Mexican flavor into it.)

Though it seems to be a one meal dish. Its now Wednesday and there's still a whole lot left. So maybe I should have halved the recipe, to make just enough for that night.


Comments