Adding A Pop Of Color To My Bathroom Vanity

I swear I have such bad project ADD that Its no wonder that nothing gets finished around my house before I'm moving on to the next place. I'm just hoping that if I can fix a little something in every room, that I'll eventually transform the whole house. It just might take a whole lot longer than it probably should, but I'm okay with that. 

So with that being said I'm moving on to a small project that should hopefully at a little color and decoration to my bathroom vanity.

The Project

Decorate Bathroom Jars

inspiration from A Kailo Chic Life


Results

Luckily I don't have that many jars in my bathroom yet. I just have a jar with my home made coconut oil face scrub and an empty jar which I plan to put plain coconut oil in at some point. (At some point I'd like to get around to making lotion and soap for my bathroom, but for now I still have store bought varieties).


For my jars I decided to reuse old jelly jars. So the first step was to remove the labels and clean off the leftover glue. (I used diy goo gone and a lot of eblow grease to finally get rid of the glue residue). And then I dried them off and prepared to paint them.



I used basic acrylic paint to paint my jars. I did this because I have plenty of colors in my house. And because I did a trial run of painting the one jar with it


 and the paint stayed on, but was easy to remove under water. So I don't have to commit to one color palette or pattern just yet. (As I still don't know how I want to decorate my bathroom quite yet).

So I repainted my jars this time taping off the sections I didn't want colored and then let them dry over night


I actually used packing tape to tape off the yellow painted jar which held up okay, it would have definitely been better if I had used painters tape. But I guess I'll do that once I finalize my patterns. As for the red I just painted the side panels and the bottom to see if that effect would work well or not. And I kind of like the varieties I got from the paint jobs.

Here's how they turned out:



I love the little pop of color they bring to my bathroom vanity.

I however didn't realize that by using red and yellow together they would look like ketchup and mustard. So I guess I'll be changing that once I get some coconut oil for the empty jar.

(As always all links are affiliated. So if you like something please buy from them to help support the blog!)

Comments