TBT: Updates on Past Projects

Since I often just finish my projects in time for the blog post, I thought for this Throwback Thursday I would give an update on how some projects are fairing.

So here we go

Project 1: Elbow Patches

Here is how my elbow patches turned out:


And I left off writing I didn't know how I was going to wash it since I used fabric that shouldn't be washed.

Well I actually stopped wearing the sweatshirt for a while before I finally sucked in up and started washing it. And I'm happy to report that after a coupe of times through the wash cycle it is still looking all right.

So I guess the solution is not to not wash it, but wear it too often, so it doesn't need to be washed as often.

Project 2: Glitter Dipped Mug

I hope I made it clear that I created my glitter dipped mug with a sort of homemade approach. (That varied greatly from White Houes Black Shutters)



So while I was hopefully it would work as well, I was a little nervous that it would fall apart on me.

Here's how its looking after a numerous handwashings:



As you can see the glitter around the bottom is slowly coming off. I'm not sure if it is because my version isn't holding up or because I didn't spray the bottom well enough with sealer. I guess time will tell. (And if it really gets bad enough, I'll have to go back and redo it properly)

Project 3: Upcycling Storage

On Monday I posted that my mom had brought me some leftovers in an old ice cream carton (shown below)



And while its not really an update to a project. I wanted to share, that after eating the leftovers, I reused the containers.

I used them to store my baking cups and tooth picks!


I found the the wide mouth of the container made it easy to get the baking cups in and out. And since I bought the 1000 pack of toothpicks, I needed a big container to store them in. (And once I work my way through them, I'll move them into a smaller container and reuse the container for something else because upcycling never ends!)

Comments