Trying Out Some Laundry Cleaning Tips

I'm officially changing my Tuesdays from a Try Me Tuesday to Clean Me Tuesdays! because they only things I seem to be trying anymore are cleaning ideas. And there certainly are more than enough cleaning tips on Pinterest, so it doesn't look like I'll be running out of projects anytime soon.

So for this week's cleanning project I wanted to tackle a couple of different laundry tips.

The Project

Vinegar as Fabric Softner/ Cleaning Agent(And trying out new reusable fabric sheets)

Instructions from this picture


from Ask Anna

and Six Dollar Family


Results

Project #1: Vinegar in the Wash

I know that's a big list of different ways to use vinegar in the wash. And I didn't test all of them (yet. I'm definitely going to have to try the whitening solution!). So instead I decided to just use it as a general laundry boosting agent.

I just poured it into my fabric softener slot and then let my washer go to work. 



I'm actually not sure if its doing anything for not, (I guess I'll really have to keep an eye one my arm pit stains over the next couple of washes!), but my my clothes do seem to be softer and there is no lingering smell of vinegar. 

Project #2: Reusable Dry Sheets

I loved the idea of my washclothes turned into dryer sheets, but they never quite had the effect I wanted them too. Sure they left my clothes lightly smelling like fabric softener, but they never softened my clothes. So (begrudgingly) I decided to look for another option.

And while sponges are a popular choice, I decided to try out the rag version instead. I simply cut up an old pillow case into 6 x 6 inch squares and then put them in a jar filled about halfway with fabric softener.



And its good to have plenty of them. Because I tried using one, for a load of towels and it didn't really work. So the next time I threw four or five of them into my load and it was almost like I had dryer sheets in the laundry. It was that soft! 

Brilliant and easy! And now I just need to get Mike on board. (And make my own fabric softener when I run out!)

Comments