Monday Free Write

Well its certainly been a whirlwind of a week! And yes I know last week I said I would keep up with the blog, but now I realize that's not going to happen. I very much want to keep up with it, but its just not going to happen. And that's okay. It gives me a little time to step back from the blog and figure out how to get it ready for the launch. So with that being said expect some changes to be happening around the blog!

Anyway, since this is the last Monday Free Write of 2016 (and probably my last post of the year too!) I decided use it as a year in review.

Let's see... 2016 was... interesting to say the least... especially around here on the blog! This was the year that I (finally!) decided to reclaim my life and start learning to do stuff I should have learned a long time ago.

So this year I (finally!) learned to use my sewing machine and my stand mixer! Both of which were a lot easier to use than I thought they would be. (And I definitely put my crock pot to good use as well, but I wasn't as terrified about using that as the first two!). And I feel like since I've conquered that anxiety, it gives me the courage to continue trying new things (and not being afraid breaking everything!)

But my favorite thing I learned this year is that I learned how to crochet! I've been putting it off for years now and now that I know how to do it, I can't stop looking for new projects to make. 

This year I also started to take upcycling more serious. I'm tried in year's past to make stuff, but I never kept to it. (And with the way the things seems to be headed, there has never been a more important time to continue upcycling and to continue sharing all the new ways I find to upcycle.)

And I haven't always been successful with everything I've tried, but I don't like to focus on the negative. Plus I hold firm that nothing is a failure, its just waiting for me to learn a new skill to fix it. So be prepared for that in 2017.

And finally here's what I want to focus on for 2017.

Obviously continue working on my:
Sewing skills
Cooking and baking skills
Gardening skills

And I would like to actually work on:
Staying organized!
And how to properly budget my money.
(There are a couple of big purchases I want to make and I also have to start thinking about saving for retirement. Its never too early to start. (In fact we might be a little late on this one, but better late than never right!)


So cheers to 2016 and here's to a better 2017!

Comments