Chicken Avocado Bugers

So I've been avoiding this project for a while now. (And its been fun really ditching it for a short series on pumpkins!) and I was just going post about gingerbread spice mix for the day. But the more I thought about it, the more I felt like I was copping out of a cooking segment. (And I was, I really was...) So I decided to go back through Pinterest and try to find something that piqued my interest.

And that is when I stumbled back upon this recipe below. (Which is probably best in the summer/ early fall). And I knew that it was something I had to try!


The Recipe

Chicken Avocado Burgers

from Laughing Spatula


Results

I really love that there is nothing to this recipe. Just cut your avocado into chunks, throw in a garlic clove (I used abut a 1/2 tsp of garlic powder), some breadcrumbs and a pound of ground chicken. Mix it all together.



Then lump it into patties and cook it!



I cooked mine in the skillet, but you could just as easily cook them on a grill if you wanted.(I think I'll save my need for grilling until its actually summer)

To top my chicken burger, I added some pepper jack cheese and a whole wheat bun.


And it was super delicious that way. Next time, I might add some lettuce or tomato or maybe even bacon to go with it.

And as for Lion (you know I can't make it through a cooking segment without talking about one of my boys!), I just gave him a cut up patty to eat.


Which he seemed to enjoy. (Not as much as the cookie he ate right before, but well enough!)


Comments