Monday Free Write

Happy Monday All!
Well I was going to write about how happy I was to finally have all my balls in the air, but then life got in the way again. (Story of my life!) Work has been extremely slow this summer, so its forced my hand with this blog. I don't really expect it to be fully functional until after the new year, but I needed to do something to start getting the blog really taking off. So I decided on a soft launch this week for the blog!

First step was to finally decide on a name. I've been coming up with names for the blog and finding other blogs with that name (or a very similar name) in google for a month now. And even changing the name to Jenn Tries It was a hassle. There's another blog named 'Jenn Tries Stuff'. So I thought it might be a little to close, but I've slowly stalked her blog and it only has two posts and the last one was posted in mid April. So I figured it would be all right if I just went ahead with my new name.

And with the new name came the official tag line. 'Testing out the good, the bad and the outrageous projects found on Pinterest and other craft sites. Which I think truly cements the theme of the blog. (In my head, somewhere down the line it could lead to a home etc teaching job. even though I hate teaching and home etc is being forced out of schools in favor of my more traditional education. And they wonder why so many adults have such a hard time with trivial things!)

Second step was to start my social media presence. I officially started a Facebook page (you can visit here: Jenn Tries It), I've finally started posting pictures to Instagram account (you can follow it here: JennTriesIt) and finally the most important is my Pinterest page (you find it here: Jenn Tries It). I guess next would be to start the twiter account again... but that's going be a minute.

The amazing part is even after the kitty cat stealth mode soft opening I've had more views recently than before. (Hi new viewers! Look around let me know what you think!)

So the next step is to start working on the blog. I really need to see what this page feature is for (I hope it works like I want and I can start grouping projects on there, so they're easier to find). I really need to work on a logo for the blog. I have one now, but I'm not really married to the look of it. And finally I need to start reading my book on html so I can start to take control of this blog. (And take it out of blogger's hands). 

So there's been a lot of work done, but still a lot of work to be done!

Comments