Crock Pot Chalk Board Makeover!

(All links as affiliated. So if you like it please buy it. The blog gets a little kickback at no expense to you)

My favorite item I bought (and learned to use!) during 2016 is my Crock Pot. It was my first appliance I bought and really started to use last year. Its the appliance that helped me get into cooking. (And yes I realize its not really cooking!). And really I could go on and on about how much I love much crock pot!

However my one complaint is that when I bought it, Target only have plain silver ones left. (I was hoping for the honeycomb pattern one linked above!). So I settled and I was content with the silver one. Until towards the end of the year, I stumbled upon a project to give a crock pot a chalkboard makeover. I knew I had to do it.

The Project


Give the Crock Pot A Chalkboard Makover


Instructions from One Good Thing by Jillee


Results

So before I began, I used an alcohol pad to clean the the outside and then used painters tape to seal off the areas I didn't want painted. Once that was taken care of, I started painting!


After one layer it was still looking rough. So I painted on! And finally after about three layers or so I took the tape off. And immediately decided to turn the knob, which scrapped off some paint. I also noticed I didn't tape around the handles as closely as I thought. So I painted a couple more layers without the tape.


And the secret to using chalkboard paint is to coat your board in a layer of chalk. This helps prime the board and makes sure the first thing you write doesn't last forever!


After I wiped off the chalk, I noticed there were a few silver spots. It's a little disheartening to say the least. So I just ignored them and put vinyl letters on to mark the temperature settings. (If you have a Cricut Machine, you could use that to make your letters instead)


. And once it finally finished, I just had to test it out!



I love it. And I especially love that I can mark when to check it. Best makeover ever!
(And now I have to work on my handwriting!)


Comments