I is for Icecream

For the first post of 2017, I thought I would pick it up where I left off, by sharing the next page to my activity book.

I actually liked the idea of making 'I is for Ice Cream' for a while now, but I just felt like it was a too simple for the book. So I decided to search Pinterest to see what others had made. And I stumbled upon this page:


Photo from All The Quiet Things

It instantly assured me that an ice cream page could work in the activity book. And it also gave me an idea on how to make my own as well.

Here's What You Need:



Here's How You Do It:


Step 1: Setting Up The Page

I kept the set up for this page very simple. I cut out a capital letter I out of felt and sewed it on the bottom left hand corner of my page. Next I cut out a felt ice cream cone; sewed it into the middle of my page. And to complete the ice cream theme, I added an ice cream container to the right hand corner.

I only sewed down three sides of my ice cream container, that way I had a little pocket to store my ice cream in. I also back stitched on the words 'ice cream' (so there would be no doubt what it was meant for.)


Step 2: Creating the Ice Cream Scoops


I guess there are a couple of ways to make your ice cream scoops. You can either free hand them or you can search Pinterest for ice cream coloring pages. I went with the latter and this was the page I went with.


I tried shrinking it down, so I fit more than just the three scoops on my page, but at full size the ice cream scoops fit perfectly on my cone. 

So I cut out the three scoops:



And I then cut a smaller section from my ice cream scoop pattern piece, so it would look like sauce on the cone, or just a swirly scoop of ice cream. (And to also add some more color to the page.)



I then glued the smaller pieces of felt to the bigger pieces and smashed them between two books to dry.

This is how everything is coming together so far:





Step 3: Finishing Touches


Since most of my page was completely by this point, the only finishing I had to do was back stitch on the words 'is for'



which I completed while Lion was enjoying his lunch yesterday

Here's The Finished Product:



Comments