Monday Free Write

You know I've been working on this blog thing for about 8 months now. And for the better part of that 8 months I've been crafting and writing posts and trying to find my niche in a very busy crafting blog business. And I've been content just thinking that my point of view on crafting would be enough to gain some followers. And I don't think I was necessarily wrong in that assumption (if I had been willing to actually advertise my blog, people would be following me by now), but after working on a couple of Try Me! Tuesday posts, I discovered how much I like doing stuff like that. Perhaps even more than crafting...

This may come as a shock that I actually went to college to study Biology, in hopes that one day I would head off to med school and become a doctor. Well by the time I was ready to graduate, I no longer loved Biology or the idea of more schooling, so I gave up on that idea and went to enjoy life. After a while I thought eventually my Bio learning and love of animals would lead me into a zoo job or at an Animal Sanctuary. So for a while I started volunteering at the Big Cat Rescue (which if you ever visit Tampa, Fl you should totally check out).  You know what they say right? If you want to make God (or the universe) laugh, tell Him your plans. And sure enough within a year I ended up getting pregnant. So I put all my career stuff on the back burner, so I could focus on being a mom I really thought that would be the end of anything in the bio career field with me.

However, after working on my Try Me! Tuesday post and starting a second one and working on ideas for more, I realized that this is what I really enjoy doing. I remembered that I really do love experimenting. And while it may not be in a lab any more, I love taking crafts and such that I've read about on Pinterst and seeing if they are even possible to make, work as well as the blogger claims they will, and how I can perfect it for my liking. So while it may ot be Bio related at all, it still feels like all those Bio and Chem experiments I had to do for college are finally paying off.

So in short I think I finally found my niche for this blog. And I'm really excited to see where this takes me!

Comments