Monday Free Write

It's been a rough couple of days here. I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I grew up in Orlando and now live on the west side of Orange County, Fl (where Orlando is located). So its a city that's always been there in my life. I thankfully am a homebody and had to get up with my kids on Sunday, so I wasn't involved in anything that happened.

However it still weighs heavy on my heart. I can't even find words to describe how I'm feeling right. I suppose numb is the right word. It just feels like so wrong. And like it shouldn't have happened so close to home.

Maybe one day I'll be able to get my thoughts together to talk about it. But for right now it's all still too close. And the more information they post the worse I feel about it. I think perhaps the worst part is I no longer feel safe in my town. 

And I know it'll all get better, but for now its just so hard.

Sorry to be a bummer. Next Monday will be a lot better!

Comments