Activity Book: C is for Color

All right I'm back again with the next update to my activity book!  This time I decided to go with C is for color. For this page I took a little inspiration from this quiet book page here:
 (You can buy this page here: HannasQuietBooks)
But you know I always like to put my own spin on everything so here's how I made my own Activity Book Color page

Here's What You Need:

Here's How You Do It:

Step 1: Figure Out Where Your Sticks Should Go

Normally I would say make a blueprint, but this page doesn't really need one. So really the first step is to play around with your craft sticks on your main felt square until you find a pattern or order that you like. Then trace around the the end you want to make a pocket for. I lined mine up in rainbow order and then decided to put the pockets on alternating sides of the page.


Step 2: Make Pockets

To make the pockets take your scrap pieces of felt and traced around the edge of the stick. Leaving about a 1/4 inch of seam allowance cut out around the stick outline. Sew down your seam allowance to the outline. Next place the felt oval piece your main felt square and sew it onto the corresponding outline. Repeat until you have all six colors completed.

Here's what mine looked like:

I used a blanket stitch to attach my pockets to the felt square.

Optional Step 3: Seal Your Sticks

Using a metallic sharpie, write the color names on your sticks. I like it so kids can see how the color words looks along with what color it is.

Spray your sticks with acrylic paint sealer. I found that the craft sticks weren't painted that well and that the paint (especially on the darker colors) just rub off.

Here are my sticks:

I once again alternated my color words so it would match up with my book page

Step 4:

Cut out a 'C' and then stitch it down, along with the words is for Color. (I used a simple back stitch and went over it twice for the wording.)

Here's what Mine looks like Finished:

And voila you have an activity book page!

Comments