Monday Free Write

Well this certainly has been an interesting end to a very productive week (in real life, unfortunately, and not on the blog). I know its been three days since the attack on Paris and I'm sure everybody is sick of hearing about it. And I've taken the past three days to escape into my projects and into football. Because when I allow myself to think about how those people in Paris were just living their lives and got murdered in the worst way possible, it makes me frightened about the world I'm eventually going to have to send my kids out into. 
And as a mother, I just want to tell my babies that I'll always be there to protect them, but really there's nothing I can do to stop them from being in the wrong place at the wrong 
time.

Anyway back to the fun stuff. I'm almost done with the second short side of the crib bumper. I just have to finish sewing on the A and then do a C and I'll be done with the project for about a month.

In the meantime I'm going to start work on an arm rest for the car seat and probably do a couple quick projects around the house (hanging pictures, creating an area to hide cords, etc.) before I move onto the felt Christmas tree. I just don't like the dimensions on the project list so I'll probably make it a little bigger so its fun for Blu to play with.

And I'll try to get to some write ups for everything so that this blog might actually have some content!

Comments