DIY Pin Cushion

The top right drawer of my desk is slowly being transformed into my sewing supply drawer. My first step in to completing this project is finally creating my own pin holder. I've been playing around with making a pin cushion for a while now, but my sewing skills aren't that great yet. And well I was never quite sure where to start. Then I stumbled a blog post talking about using a magnetic pin bowl instead of the standard pin cushion. And I knew that was what I wanted to make.

Here's What You Need:
Here's How You Do It:
Create a Felt Box:
 Cut out a 5x5 inch square out of your felt. Cut out triangles out of the corners of your square. (Like so):

Next pin together the sides. Stitch the sides together.


 Repeat the steps using a 4x4 inch felt square to create a lid.

Create a Magnet Box
Arrange your magnets into the following panels:
1- 2x2 Square
4- 2x1 Rectangles

Using the 2x2 square as the base arrange the rectangles around it to create a box. Use the duct tape to secure the magnets together in the box shape.

Place the magnet box into the felt box (it may be a tight fit but the felt should stretch a little to let the magnet box in)

Here's what it should look like when you're done:


Comments